On February 13, 1990 a group of dedicated volunteers met with the Bluffdale City Council and proposed the city sponsor an arts organization to:
FOSTER COMMUNITY PRIDE AND UNITY, GOOD, CLEAN FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, EXPAND THE TALENTS OF OUR CITIZENS and BRING QUALITY ARTS TO OUR AREA AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE.
Bluffdale's population was then about 1800. There was one city building - a combined fire station/city hall and the only 'visible' business, a gas station that didn't even sell gas! Our first show 'Oklahoma', was performed in our "Firehouse Theatre", made possible by driving out the trucks in the station garage and setting up a portable stage for the 'Hottest Show in Town'.
Twenty two years, and over 35 productions later, we are still here, thanks to the support of our community and the many volunteers that make miracles happen.