Murray City Council Meeting June 6 Review
Jun 22, 2017 03:11PM
● By Travis Barton
All Murray City Council meetings take place on the first and third weekends of each month. (Travis Barton/City Journals)
By Mandy Ditto | [email protected]
The following took place at the Murray City Council meeting on June 6:
· The Murray City Council passed a joint resolution with the mayor’s office to recognize and show appreciation for Justin Zollinger, who is leaving as the city’s finance director for an employment offer with Central Valley Water Reclamation Facility.
· Joshua Eschtruth and Kaylene Jackson were sworn in as new Murray City police officers.
· In regards to the two public hearings held at the meeting, they were both continued and will be acted upon at the June 20 meeting, after press deadline. This provides the extra time necessary for the council to make any final changes to the budget before adoption:
o The council considered an ordinance adopting the transfer of monies from the enterprise funds to other city funds. The ordinance was presented by Danyce Steck, the new city finance director.
o The council considered an ordinance to adopt the final 2017-2018 Fiscal Year Budgets for Murray City, including the Library Fund Budget, which was also presented by Steck.
· The council approved a resolution for an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the city and Utah Department of Transportation to receive funding from the Federal Aid Highway Funds for a project on Vine Street from 900 East to 1300 East.
· The council approved an ordinance to amend Section 2.66.020 of the Murray City Municipal Code in relation to date of publishing notices for elections.
· The council approved an ordinance to amend Chapter 12.14 of the Murray City Municipal Code in relation to telecommunications franchises, including franchise taxes and costs.
· The council approved an ordinance amending Chapters 3.04, 3.28, 3.36, 3.40, 3.44 and 3.50 and amending and renumbering Chapters 3.05, 3.16, 3.20, 3.24, 3.32 and 12.29 of the Murray City Municipal Code relating to financial administration.
· The council approved an ordinance amending Chapter 3.10 of the Murray City Municipal Code in relation to procurement.
· The council approved an ordinance amending Title 5 of the Murray City Municipal Code in relation to business licensing.
· The council approved an ordinance amending Title 6 of the Murray City Municipal Code in relation to animal control. All ordinances amending parts of the Municipal Code were presented by city attorney Frank Nakamura.
All city council meetings take place the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 6:30 p.m. in Murray City Hall Council Chambers, and can also be viewed live at: youtube.com/channel/UC_19hfQocAIWupAD5-h6oaw.