NOMINEES ANNOUNCED FOR SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY JUSTICE COURT VACANCY
Sep 30, 2016 08:49AM
● By Bryan Scott
Press Release submitted to City Journals
South Salt Lake, UT—The Salt Lake County Nominating Commission has selected five nominees for an upcoming vacancy in the South Salt Lake Justice Court. The position will replace Judge Catherine M. Johnson, who will retire effective Jan. 1, 2017.
Following are the nominees followed by place of employment and residence:
• Gretchen Johns, J.D., Office of Guardian ad Litem, resident of South Jordan
• Katherine Peters J.D., Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office, resident of Salt Lake City
• Scott Reed J.D., Utah Attorney General’s Office, resident of West Jordan
• Anna Lisa Rossi Anderson, J.D., Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office, resident of Salt Lake City
• George Vo-Duc J.D., Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office, resident of Bountiful
A comment period will be held through Oct. 11, 2016, before a final candidate is selected by South Salt Lake City Mayor Cherie Wood, who has 30 days to make an appointment. The appointment is subject to ratification by the South Salt lake City Council. The Utah Judicial Council must then certify the appointment. To submit written comments about the candidates, contact Melisse Stiglich, Administrative Office of the Courts, at email@example.com.